Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jesse's Frozen 6th Birthday

Jesse had a birthday recently.  She turned 6 on February 8th, and we celebrated Frozen style.  It has been a very long time since a movie has touched us like this one has.  The music from the movie will be forever in our hearts, so I was so excited when Jesse chose this as her theme.  I was pretty sure I could pull it off.

Then, I couldn't find snowflakes, Frozen plates and napkins, or Elsa anywhere!  It is funny looking back.  I think everyone with a little girl Jesse's age was trying to find the same things.  In the end, blue and pink plates were just fine.  I found a few snowflakes on Amazon, and most importantly, I found Elsa and Anna.



This birthday was an important one I thought.  I have a memory of my own birthday party around this age.  I remember a small group of my Kindergarten friends at our home.  My Mom went with a Strawberry Shortcake theme (the best ever at that time of my life).  I remember Strawberry Shortcake pencils and games and lots of laughter. It seemed so perfect to me.  I know she did everything in her power to make that day extra special.  She created birthday magic for me, and I will never forget it.

Of course, I wanted to create the same birthday magic for Jesse.  I could see it in her eyes throughout the entire party and looking back at these photos, I am sure she felt it too.  I know every single birthday will not involve live princesses and dancing and magic tricks, but this one will be one to remember.

I wanted to share the pictures in a different way this time.  So, here they are set to her favorite song.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I have.



I love you with all my heart Jesse.  In Olaf's words…some people are worth melting for.

2 comments:

  1. this is so adorable and sweet! frozen is a great movie and great party theme! happy (belated) birthday jesse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amber. I am so glad you enjoyed it. We can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD next week :-).

    ReplyDelete